Help of Various File Formats
The website contains the following sections, which can be reached by accessing the http://iimshillong.ac.in/
Use the accessibility options provided by this Web site to control the screen display. These options allow increasing the text size and changing the contrast scheme for clear visibility and better readability.
Changing Text Size
Changing the size of the text refers to making the text appearing smaller or bigger from its standard size. There are three options provided to you to set the size of the text that affects the readability. These are:
- High contrast: Applies the black color as the background and suitable colors to the foreground text, to improve readability. High Contrast can be applied by selecting font high image.
- Standard contrast: Applies white color as the background and black color to the foreground text to set the default contrast. Standard contrast can be applied by selecting font standard image.
Note: Changing the contrast scheme does not affect the images on the screen.
Learn more about accessibility features of the website and Screen Reader Access
Help on Search Facility
Using the Search Facility
- Simple search will be available on home page from where user can search on basis of content and keyword available in documents/reports/picture/press release/news.
- Specific search is given on specific pages with the functionality of searching with Keywords, location, title, subject, Ministry etc.
- When searching, don't enter plural forms such as "press releases" because the server will only find documents with releases (plural) in the title or keywords. If you enter release (singular), the server will list entries with both release and releases.
- All searches are case-insensitive. That is, words are looked for regardless of capitalization.